![]() |
| Cash wouldn't get off the swing the first few days! |
Conference weekend was good too. We spent Saturday afternoon at my mom's and it was a little easier to listen with my mom's toys to distract my two boys. Sunday we had Ashley, Andy and Jack down.
Cash has never been a great sleeper, he likes to toss and turn. His crib just didn't let him move around that much, and he ended up in our bed most nights. I decided I wanted to try him in a "big" bed. We took him to the store and let him pick out bedding. Then since we weren't sure we wanted to invest in a bed yet, we borrowed this twin bed from Bret's parents that they weren't using.
![]() |
| He LOVED it, and he has been sleeping in his own bed ALL night long ever since. SUCCESS! |
Bret and I haven't been the best about having regular date nights. I think our last date was back in December. We finally planned to get a sitter and go to dinner when he called to tell me that he had to go to Manti and pick up a police car (he needed it for his E.V.O aka Emergency Vehicle Operation course this week). We ended up leaving the boys with his parents and I tagged along. It was fun to see where he works, and he showed me all the places he likes to park to catch the speeders in Sanpete county. We went to a little Mexican place in Ephraim, and then rode home in his police car. It turned out to be a great date!
![]() |
| I had to take a picture of him on our date... he hate's getting his picture taken, and thinks that it's corny to post pictures of your date! |
This week has been COLD, and Bret has been at his driving class, but the two boys and I have managed to keep busy and have fun.
One of the things we've done to keep busy is make some strawberry freezer jam. I have to admit I LOVE strawberry jam. It's always been my favorite, and I've always considered it "my" jam. I think part of my love of strawberry jam comes from the fact that when I was born my great grandmother Hendrix thought my name was "Strawberry Jam" instead of Aubrey Jan. I always loved hearing this story when I was little, and was sure that it was a sign that I was meant to eat only strawberry jam. Cash has inherited my love of strawberry jam, and his breakfast of choice is toast with strawberry freezer jam.

We have also had fun going to the library. Cash's favorite part of the library here in Spanish Fork is this little room with toys and a puppet theater. He put on quite a show for me the other night, while Cort picked out books. Cort always picks the most random books, and I always laugh when I see what he picks. Last time he ended up with most of his books being Christmas and Easter books. This time he had a lot of Halloween and Thanksgiving books... I am not sure how he does this, since he randomly picks books from every shelf in the library. Really he just walks to a shelf and pulls out a book with out really looking at it, and then moves to another shelf.
We have also spent a lot of time in the kitchen. We have made cookies, brownies, chicken and most recently pizza. These two love to cook. They help me make most everything, and sample what we're making as we go! These two should be quite the chef's by the time they're grown.












2 comments:
Mmmmmm, strawberry freezer jam. I remember having some at your mom's house and loving it. I need to get your recipe, I've never made it!
So cute!! They are getting so big!!
Post a Comment