Last night we had an awesome Relief Society activity. We wanted to do something for mother's day. One of the sister's in our ward came up with a wonderful idea. A while back she found the site the world need more love letters. It is a site where you can write in and request a "love letter" for someone in need. Then people write them a handwritten letter. These letters can be for someone starting college, going through a divorce, or someone who has lost a loved one. She acutally signed up to be a writer, and has loved the experience.
She told us about an organization in Salt Lake called House of Hope. It is a kind of rehab facility and works with many women who are struggling with addiction or other problems and have had their children taken away from them. This facility gives them the opportunity to earn time with their children and hopefully be able to get them back full time.
So for our activity last night we wrote "letters of love" to these women, telling them they are strong, there is hope and they can do it. We also assembled treat bags for the women. We are delivering them this weekend, and when the women wake mother's day morning they will each recieve a treat bag and a handwritten letter of love.
It was a very uplifting and touching experience, and I really enjoyed the activity. I can't imagine what it must be like to lose your children. I love my kids more than anything and I love being a mother.
I also put together a movie for the activity for the mother's in our ward for mother's day. It was a lot of work, but I think it turned out pretty good, check it out below (sorry the quality isn't great on here).
1 comment:
What an amazing post! I'm sure the Spirit was so strong at that activity and I can't even imagine how surprised and grateful those women will be when they wake up on Mother's Day. Your video was awesome! Great job! I loved Cort's response to, "What do mom's do?"...hilarious. My kids would say the same thing. Can't wait to see you guys on Sunday!
Post a Comment