I don't know about you, but I'm just not a huge fan of those one piece spandexy costumes. So I called my sister to see if she would be kind enough to help me sew a vest... and by help me, I mean sew it for me! I have attempted several different sewing projects in the past, and I have come to the conclusion that I am the world's worst sewer. I always end up jamming the machine, breaking needles, and running out of thread on my bobbin. Also no matter how hard I try my lines are never ever even remotely straight. Both Bret, and my little brother Trent sew better than me and yes I have had Trent finish a project for me in the past!
Luckily Ashley said that she loves and adores me so much that she would be happy to make Cort's vest for his costume (ok that may not have been her exact wording). Then I got the idea that since she was sewing one vest, why not two? Cash had recently decided that he wanted to be Woody, and as you all know Woody wears a vest! I got her the fabric and within minutes she had Cort's vest made, and the next day she had also made Cash's.
I didn't make her do all the work though! I dyed an old shirt of Cash's and drew the red lines on it. And I expertly cut up a white shirt to complete Cort's costume. Here some pictures of my boys finished costumes. They both turned out pretty darn cute if I do say so myself.
| Cort wanted to take his sword, but then ended up forgetting it... I think that's a good thing, since I'm sure I would've ended up carrying it. |
| This is Cort's pirate face, which he wanted to make in ALL of his pictures! |
The Saturday before Halloween we attended our ward Halloween party. It started off with a chili dinner, followed by pictures, games and my boys favorite part.... a trunk or treat. They came home tired, but extremely happy, with enough candy to last a lifetime!
| Bret went to work right after the ward party, and since everyone else was "dressed up" I made myself a last minute costume. |
The night before Halloween we finally bought and carved our pumpkins. Cort of course wanted Jake, and Cash originally wanted Mickey mouse. After looking through patterns however Cash fittingly decided that he really wanted Woody. Bret helped Cort and I carved Cash's while he poked holes in the back of it!
Cort decided that he really wanted to give his speech teacher, and his preschool teacher something for Halloween, so thanks to pinterest we were able to make some "witch boots" last minute. I was lacking in the creativity department though so the saying came from my wonderful sister, they said: "You are a spooktacular teacher. There isn't a potion or witches brew that could help me more than you!"
Halloween day Cort had preschool. Cash and I got to watch him and his class put on a parade, and sing a couple of fun Halloween songs. Then the kids in his class got to trunk-or-treat at all of the parents cars.
After preschool we went trick-or-treating to grandpa Swenson at work, and then to grandma Swenson's house. That night Bret and I dressed up in some "scary" costumes. I personally think I looked rather cute, while Bret was really creepy looking! We went trick or treating to Bret's parents and then met up with Richie's family for the rest of our trick or treating. My boys had soooo much fun and got way way too much candy.
I had fun too, but couldn't wait to take down all of our Halloween decorations the next day. Once again Bret decked out our house for Halloween. It was complete with strobe lights, fog machines and flying ghosts, and it attracted all of the neighborhood kids on a daily basis. I don't mind the decorations... but I'm definitely not in to them the way my boys are!








2 comments:
Looks like you guys had tons of fun!! Great costumes too. Good job to all involved! :)
I'm convinced every Swenson girl is way too crafty for her own good; share the wealth! ;)
Looks like a super fun Halloween!
Post a Comment