Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I'm a Mormon

Not sure how many of you are on Instagram or if any of you follow @nieniedialogues but she made a post today that created quite a stir and got me thinking.

Her post was a picture of a note she had written in the margin of her lds parents handbook stating that the ultimate goal of a boy/girl is to become a husband and father/wife and mother. It created a big debate and there were some nasty comments about it. Apparently some people found it very narrow minded and thought that she was ruining her children by teaching them that their ultimate goal was to get married and have children.

It made me think that

1. She is an amazing example of a wife, mother and individual to stand up for and share what she believes despite the hate that some people throw at her...I really admire her.
There are times when I wish I could touch and inspire and share my testimony with so many people.

2. Satan really is working hard to destroy the family. It amazes me how upset, offended and just how rude people got at her post. There are too many in the world today that do not value the family.

3. I am happy to be a Mormon and delight in being a wife and mother. I love the gospel, and I love being a mom.

2 comments:

Grandma Doni said...

Thanks for standing up and being counted! You inspire me.

Bethany said...

Amen.