Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cookies!!!

One of my favorite things to do on cold days is cook with my boys.  They both LOVE it, and they are great helpers.... although Cash likes it best when Cort just watches!  Today Cash begged to bake cookies.  He kept climbing up on the shelf next to the mixer, pointing and saying "cookie".

We decided to make chocolate chip cookies.  Chocolate chip cookies are Bret's favorite cookie by far, however he has to have them with milk chocolate chips, Cort on the other hand will only eat them if they have white chocolate chips.  Personally my favorite is dark chocolate chips... but I won't lie, chocolate is chocolate and I will eat it in any way, shape or form!

My only real preference when it comes to cookies is that they be SOFT, according to my mother I under cook my cookies, and they are too "doughy" for her.  I tend to think she burns hers, as she likes hers more CRUNCHY.  Maybe it's because she doesn't like cookie dough, while I on the other hand could eat it by the spoonful, or perhaps its a generational thing.  I know my grandpa, and Bret's mom, also prefer their cookies burnt... I mean cooked longer.

So I want to know what kind of cookie do you prefer, Soft or hard? Do you have a chocolate chip preference?

I know everyone has a "favorite" chocolate chip cookie recipe, so today I thought I would share mine.  I always enjoy trying out different recipes and I have several chocolate chip cookie recipes I like, but this recipe is my go to, and I've actually had several people ask for the recipe, so here it is:

Aub's Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie

Mix together:
1 c. brown sugar
3/4c. white sugar

Mix together: 
1 cup butter *
2 eggs
1 TB vanilla

Mix together 
3 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda

Mix all together and add bag of chocolate chips

Bake at 350 for 11 min. (or more depending on personal preference)

*I actually prefer 1/2 c. butter and 1/2 c. margarine, it makes them the perfect soft and chewy cookie! But I have made them with all butter and all margarine... they are yummy all ways.
**I also refrigerate my dough for at least 30 min. before baking, though I have a sister in law who prefers to cook hers with out refrigeration because she likes her cookies flatter.



2 comments:

Ashley Ann said...

bring me some! yum!

Megan said...

Not gonna lie, I made this dough a week ago and only baked a dozen and froze the rest and then we have shamefully been eating cookie dough all week...we are down to 4 more cookie dough balls! :) It makes me sick to eat it, but I have absolutely no willpower...none. Even Bailey asks for "dough" cookies. Those look yummy.