Thursday, December 13, 2012

Happy Holidays

 To start off we had a very Happy Thanksgiving... I have just been a major slacker and never posted. The night before Thanksgiving we celebrated "Pie Night" with Bret's family.  This tradition started a few years back, in order to more fully appreciate the delicious Thanksgiving desserts, each family brings a pie to share.  You can eat a lot more pie when your belly isn't already stuffed full of turkey!

We actually ended up hosting pie night this year, and Cort was thrilled to show off his new room. My contributions included brownies (for Cort, he won't eat pie!) and an apple pie, which I was quite proud of.  It was my first pie that I made 100% from scratch.  I used the pie filling I canned earlier this year from the apples I picked from my grandpa's tree, and I used my favorite pie crust recipe.... it was really yummy!


Thanksgiving morning Bret went on his usual "rabbit hunting" excursion.... he's gone every year we've been married, but has yet to shoot an actual rabbit.  When he got home he made his Thanksgiving yams... a "must have" for him, then we headed to my parents.

It was fun to be with most my family.  Bryan and Shayna and their kids weren't there, since they hosted Shayna's family.  Trent of course celebrated in the MTC. The rest of us however had a nice Thanksgiving! The food was delicious and the company even better.  My dad even set up a photo shoot in the garage.  Here are some of the cute pictures he took.  
The 3 Amigos

Me and My boys

My two loves

The happy smiley Jack

Isn't he cute?

This one is adorable... I think!

I was even able to get some pictures taken for my Christmas cards.









Don't know about you, but we are so excited for Christmas.  I can't believe it's only 12 days away!


1 comment:

Jordan and Katelyn said...

First off, that pie is adorable! And I bet it tasted even better! Also, those pics are so great. Your dad is such good photographer!!