Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Cha Cha Cha Changes

Our Changes began the day after Halloween, since then we've had a few.

The first big change was moving out of my parents and into our own place.  We are renting a cute little 3 bedroom home in Spanish Fork.  With this comes the obvious changes of a new ward, and a new school for Cort to go to speech at.  Cort loved his first week in his new primary class, and I wasn't surprised when they told me that he wasn't scared at all and was excited to get up in front of the room.  Cash had a harder time adjusting and I got to spend my time in the nursery with him.  Cort also really likes his new speech teacher, Mrs. Green, and loves that we live close enough to walk to his new school.

The second big change is that Bret is now an official police officer.  He started working part time as a deputy for Sanpete county last week.  He is enjoying it, and hoping to get on full time soon!  He is waiting for his badge which takes 6-8 weeks, in the meantime one of the other officers gave him his old badge to wear.


Another change we've experienced this month is the change from nice weather to cold snowy weather.  Cash was too little for me to bother dressing him up for the two whole snow storms we had last winter, so this was his first time experiencing the snow.   Needless to say he loves it!











The most recent change in our lives is that uncle Trent can no longer be found at my parents house as he just reported to the MTC.  My boys love and adore uncle Trent, and I am so thankful for the time they were able to spend getting to really know him this past year.  We made lots of memories with uncle Trent and know he will be a great missionary, but we are going to miss him.















Yesterday we took him to Carl's Jr. and played with him one last time.  After saying goodbye I was buckling my boys in the car and was trying unsuccesfully to hold back my tears, Cort looked at me and sadly said, "I'm really going to miss Trent too, mom."  After a brief pause he got a big grin on his face and pulled a piece of grass out of his pocket and said, "But I picked some grass to remember him!  You can have it if you want, that way you'll remember Trent!"  Kids are so funny.  Right now he is focused on the positive.... he gets two birthdays and two Christmas' while Trent is gone!




1 comment:

Jess said...

I'm seriously crying for you! I hope the two years go by fast. We are heading to Cali for Thanksgiving but when we get back can we come play at your new house? Hunt really wants to see Cort's new room.