Thursday, October 4, 2012

An Apple a Day...

Fall just wouldn't be fall without apples.  I LOVE apples, and so do my boys.  In fact apples are the one and only fruit my picky eater Cort likes.  
I know a lot of you enjoy apples too.  My sister-in-law Shayna recently shared her favorite fall recipe for apple crisp, and some of my friends have shared pictures and posts involving apples and canning. 
All of this posting and perhaps the fact that I currently live next to an apple orchard gave me a serious craving for apples!  Luckily I have a grandpa with a number of apple trees, who loves to share, so Cort, Cash and I made a trip over to grandpa Perkins yesterday and picked three bags full of apples.  Of course while we were there Cash and I also enjoyed the last of grandpa's raspberries, and some grapes and walnuts.....Cort of course wouldn't even try anything, because he "doesn't like anything but apples"!
After enjoying some apples with our breakfast this morning, we peeled, cored and cut apples.  Why?  To dry of course.  This afternoon I decided Jess' pie filling sounded oh so good, so I tried my hand at canning pie filling too.  Tomorrow I plan on drying more, and perhaps I will even be a nice sister and make some apple crisp for my little brother Trent!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Your's look so much better than mine did. I seriously struggle filling my jars. Did you make enough? If you want to do more I'm going to do some on Saturday if you want to do it together.