In all honesty I have a hard time believing that I am getting old....for some reason I seem to think I am closer to my teens than my 30's. When sale's men mistake me for my son's sister, instead of his mother it only reaffirms that there is no way I could possibly be aging, right?
Then life happens and I realize, "Wow, I really am getting old!" For example my little brother just graduated from high school, and is putting in his mission papers!
Another sign that I am in fact getting old is the fact that my "little/big" sister is having a baby!
It seems like just yesterday we were a bunch of crazy kids having fun tormenting each other, playing games, watching movies and taking crazy pictures!
It is comforting to know that my siblings are at least getting older too. Trent is going to be an amazing missionary, I can't wait to find out where he will be called. My boys are going to miss uncle Trent, but I am proud of the example he is to them.
And Ashley will make a great mom! I am excited to meet her son and watch her parent. I hope that she enjoys being a mom as much as I do, even if she has an experience like I did today. I was putting Cash down when I hear Cort call from the bathroom, "Mom, we have a poop problem!". Words no one wants to hear! Turns out the toilet lock I put on to keep Cash from "splashing in the water" made it hard for Cort to make it to the toilet in time. Oh the joy of being a mom.
I am just glad that abc Family decided to put Melissa and Joey back on t.v. As cheesy as their show is it reminds me of the good ol days. Between that and "Blossom" on the Big Bang Theory it's like I am 12 all over again!





3 comments:
I don't think any mom ever wants to hear "We have a poop problem!" :) I really like Trent's new hair cut and Ash's maternity pictures are pretty cute.
By the way, I love the new blog design and I meant to post this with the above comment but you guys look super young in those pictures! :)
Thanks Megan! It took me awhile, but I am happy with the blog design. And I think those pictures are from 8 years ago.
Post a Comment