Thursday, May 3, 2012

Playing Catch Up

Ok I have been terrible at the whole blog thing lately. I am going to try to quickly get up to date...I will apologize now since I am tired thus may not be the best!
Here is our latest: we have lived outside lately! We enjoy daily walks, and drawing with chalk. We have also had some sprinkler and swimming fun, both by ourselves and with friends and family. We have made and ate lots of cookies!
Bret started the second half of the police academy... I am glad it is only months because we miss seeing him all the time!
We also enjoyed my cousin Krista's wedding!
Cort is still living speech and is making great progress. He loves primary! He also loves bugs, he is especially fascinated with worms and potato bugs. His new favorite food (instead of OREO'S) is cheese. He is convinced that McDonald's is really called Old MacDonalds! He is the worlds friendliest kid and talks to....and hugs pretty much everyone, which can be embarrassing. The other day at speech a kid walked out of the bathroom and he said, "hi poop man". I love his friendliness but hope he learns what is and is not appropriate!
Cash is my little jabber box. He talks nonstop, and I am happy to hear him make sounds Cort couldn't at that age! He also is obsessed with dirt...he is always digging in it...he even tries to dip his food in it. He gave me a scare today when we went to Hobby Lobby. He was tired and grumpy and did not want in his car seat. I had my keys in my hand and he yanked them away. I didn't care since they made him happy enough to let me strap him in. I then closed the door and immediately heard my car horn honk as the doors locked....yep he locked the car with Cort and I outside with no phone since it was in the car with him. I had to borrow a cell phone and call the police. I felt SO stupid! But I am so glad it wasn't hotter and everyone was so nice, it could have been worse.
I love my boys and all of the adventures we have!
Since I am posting from my phone I apologize for the randomness of the photos!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love the picture of Cash and his face covered in dirt. I also must say that you are getting quite accomplished with sidewalk chalk! :) Thanks again for having us down today, we had lots of fun and are pooped out!