Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Love

After reading Jess's blog this morning, I decided two things, one I need to be better at blogging, and two I wanted to try the may photo a day challenge....yes I realize May is halfway over.
The photo category today was: love.
There are a lot of things I like a lot, but the things I really love are my family! Particularly my two boys!
Growing up I always made fun of my mom for constantly worrying about every little thing, and now that I am a mother I find myself doing just that.
I was laying in bed last night thinking about how much I love my boys and how thankful I am for them! And then the worry started, I started imagining all these different horrible scenarios of things that could happen to my boys.
Then today one of them happened, while at Wal-Mart my little wiggle worm/monkey aka Cash fell out of the shopping cart. It was a nightmare come true. He didn't end up with any cuts or bruises, and only cried a few minutes...and then acted like nothing had happened the rest of the day, but still I have this unbelievable amount of guilt and worry haunting me. I really feel like the worlds worst mom.
I have been thinking all day, and I know there is no way to protect our children from EVERYTHING, although I would like to! I am now more determined than ever to enjoy every little moment with my boys, and to document them....hence the blog! Also I really want to make sure I teach them everything I want them to know...which is a lot! I am thankful for family, friends and teachers to help me teach the important things.
For example, my dad came home from work today and gave Cort some change for his piggy bank, and then proceeded to teach him about tithing. They counted all of his change and filled out a tithing slip....it is a moment I loved watching!

2 comments:

Jess said...

First of all I'm glad you found the photo challenge and I'm so excited you are going to do it too! I'm hoping it will keep me from being lazy because I should be able to do something little everyday from my phone! Second of all I think you shouldn't take Cash anywhere. Hobby lobby, WalMart, I can't wait to see his adventure next week!

Jordan and Katelyn said...

such cute pics. your boys are so adorable!