Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Lioness at the Gate

The photo challenge for today was "What you're reading". Of course I read various children's books with my boys, but I also read a talk by Sister Beck.

It is a talk she gave in 2010 at a BYU women's conference. I am supposed to summarize it tomorrow night for R.S. so I figured I had better read it first!

I am sure there are some of you who have heard/read it before, but if not I recommend it.

In it she talks about how a woman who knows who she is and keeps her covenants can change the world. She likens women to a lioness at a gate. What gets into our homes is what we let in, and the things we care about our families will too.

She also reminds us to get our priorities in order. She has three categories that she uses to prioritize. They are: the essential, the necessary and the nice to do.

In our ward our bishop has encouraged us to make sure we are doing 'the basics': family and individual prayer, and scripture study, as well as family home evening and temple attendance, I don't know about you, but these little reminders are something I can always use.

No comments: