Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Another Oh so Exciting (ok Maybe Not) Update!

I am writing this post for two reasons, reason number 1: Because I feel guilty that I haven't posted anything in awhile, and this blog is somewhat of a journal for me.  Reason number 2: Because I am just sure that someone out there is just dying to know what the Smith's have been up to this past month.....right?

In order to satisfy your curiosity, and yet not bore you to death with too many details, I will just touch on the highlights of the past month.

*Bret and I went to Vegas for a weekend.
   -We stayed in the Luxor
   - Enjoyed the show Mystere, the Body Exhibit, lots of yummy food, and some shopping!
   - Cort LOVED staying with Grandma and getting to sleep in uncle Trent's bed
   - Cash REFUSED the bottle until early Sunday morning when he finally broke, neither him or my mom got  any sleep Saturday night (and for that matter neither did I, I was so worried about my baby! As a side note he hasn't taken a bottle since I've returned- STUBBBORN!)

*Cash got his first and his second tooth!  It was a rough week, not only did he get two teeth at once, but he and I both had awful colds!


*After our colds, I went through and thouroughly cleaned/disinfected all of the boys toys.  The toy closet was SO CLEAN, and organized beautifully.....and then the boys woke up!

*We got to spend four days tending my adorable nephew Jack. Cort LOVED having someone else to play with!


* I got my hair cut and colored! Ok, so I'm not the best at self- portraits, but you get the idea.

*Cort started the F.A.R.M  program (Future Amazing Readers in the Making) with the Spanish Fork Library and got his first prize! He picked out a rubber duck that looks like a horse... it is adorable.

There you have the highlights of our September.  I realize there are still a few days left, but we have no big plans!  We are already getting excited for October, which means: general Conference, Cort's 3rd birthday, and Halloween!




2 comments:

Megan said...

Yay for updates! :) Your mom was telling us that he hadn't taken a bottle since, but that you were going to try the sippy. I love the picture of the two of them in the toy closet...they both have looks like, "What are you looking at? We didn't do this! :)" Yay for teeth! I prefer it when they get multiples at once, we are working on 7 & 8 here.

Krista Nicole said...

Love the hair cut and color! So cute! :)