Thursday, March 14, 2013

Some of Life's Greatest

I've had some experiences recently that have really made me think a lot about life, and what truly matters most. Life is not smooth sailing for anyone.  Everyone has difficulties and trials that they have to endure and overcome. That's life, no one is exempt, but if we can make it through our rough times, we will come out stronger.  Some people it seems have huge trials while other's seem to only have minor set backs, but no matter what we go through we don't have to do it alone.

Everyone has a family. Of course not all family's are equal.  Unfortunately some people don't come from loving supportive families, but even in those cases there are people who care about them.  I don't think anyone can truly know just how many people they touch in their lifetime and I think we would all be surprised to find out just how many people truly care about us, are rooting for us, and would be there to lift us up when needed.

Luckily both Bret and I come from GREAT families.  Both of our families are loving and supportive, and I am thankful to know that my boys have so many wonderful people who love them.  This picture I made for the boys church book really is my favorite.


Unfortunately my boys never met my sweet grandparents Swenson, or my grandma Perkins, but they have been blessed to know everyone else in this picture.

I don't really remember any of my great grandparents, although I know I met my great grandma Perkins and my great grandma Hendrix.  I don't know how long my boys will have their great grandparents around, but I hope that even if they don't remember them that they know how much they were loved by them.

I am not the best grand daughter and I don't visit my grandfather as often as I should.  However I did take the boys over to see him on his birthday a few weeks ago.  Cash started off tired and grumpy, but by the end he was his happy self.   It was fun to visit and Cort is still talking about how grandpa has the best apple juice in the world!


Shortly after visiting with great grandpa Perkins, Cort asked if we could go to Brigham to visit his other grandparents because he hadn't seen them for "a really, really long time!"  This past weekend we made that trip.  It was fun to watch my boys interact with the grandparents.  They wrestled with great grandpa Smith.... which I admit made me nervous!  Cort spent sacrament meeting smothering great grandma Smith with kisses  and blowing more kisses over his shoulder to the Penrods. 
Grandpa Penrod showed Cash how to work their robot, and their cool cuckoo clocks.  


I am so thankful for these "great" grandparents who make my boys and I feel so loved, we love them with all our hearts. I am also thankful for their testimonies and examples of love, strength and faith.

No comments: