Friday, April 8, 2011

Just Plain Silly

     These days Cort can often be heard saying, "That's so silly!"  However I think he should be saying, "I'm so silly!" because in my opinion he is as silly as they come.  Here a just a few stories to demonstrate just how silly he is:
     Cort is really good about going to bed, however he really likes it if mom or dad will lay with him while he falls asleep.  Due to busy schedules, and the fact that Cash goes to bed at the same time, Bret and I can't always lay with him.  On these nights I tell Cort to pick out a stuffed animal from his toy closet.  Some nights he will pick out a teddy bear, or his Mickey Mouse, but most nights he prefers to pick a toy to sleep with.  He went to bed with his toy golf club one night, and on another night he picked out his toy shotgun.  The next morning when I found the gun in his room, I asked, "Did you sleep with your gun?"  He smiled the biggest, cheesiest grin ever, and proudly said, "YES! That makes me soooo happy!"  I guess it's just the fact that he is a boy that he would rather sleep with golf clubs and guns than a stuffed animal.
     Cort is mostly potty trained these days- he still wears a pull-up at nights and when we go out, but during the days at home he is always in underwear.  He is really doing well and has very few accidents, but for some unexplainable reason last week he decided that instead of using the potty he wanted to pee on a towel that was on the floor of my closet.   I was feeding Cash and watched Cort strip off his underwear and run toward the toilet, but as he got close to it he turned and instead ran straight into my closet, and started to pee.  "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I shouted, alarmed and surprised.  He was standing on a towel that had fallen off the shelf, and said, "Pee on towel!"  However since he was standing directly on the towel and he is a boy, not a girl the pee didn't even hit the towel, but instead went perfectly into Bret's Sunday shoes.  When I realized this, I was of course upset, but I have to confess that watching him pee into his dad's shoes was absolutely HILARIOUS.  I am ashamed to say that I burst out laughing, and then gave him a talk about ONLY peeing in the potty, and not on towels.  Needless to say Bret refuses to wear those shoes ever again!
     As you can see from the picture above, Cort's new hobby these days is lining things up.  He can spend an unbelivable amount of time patiently making lines of toys.  However sometimes he will incorporate whatever he can find... such as shoes, clothes, and even Cash's baby swing.  If you ask him to do something while he is making a line, he will tell you, "Not now, I'm busy." 
He is constantly making me laugh, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: