If there's one thing I've learned about life, it's that it never goes exactly as planned. Up until this week I was planning on going back to work on Tuesdays. Monday Bret came home and had decided that I should stay home. After looking at everything, crunching some numbers and a lot of prayer, we came to the conclusion that me being a stay-at-home mom, was possible, and would be best for our family.
I have wanted to be a stay at home mom since I found out I was pregnant with Cort, but it wasn't possible till now. I gave my notice on Wednesday, and today I went and cleaned out my locker. I am thrilled to be able to stay home with my two adorable boys, even if they are sometimes a handfull. However I am also sad to know I will not be going back to work.
I really loved my job. I got to see a lot of fascinating stuff. Life in the O.R. is never....well, rarely dull. I am going to miss assisting on certain cases, especially brain surgeries. Along with the job itself, I am really going to miss the amazing people I worked with. I worked with some really talented and fascinating surgeons, and some of the best nurses and scrub techs in the world! I made a lot of great friends at work, and hope that as I start this new chapter of my life, we can still find time to see each other and remain friends.
2 comments:
How exciting! I'm so glad that you guys can work it out so you can be home with your boys. It's the best job in the world!
WE LOVE AND MISS YOU!! You are a GREAT scrub and there is no one like you...SERIOUSLY!! I can understand this and wish I could make this change....someday. Miss you Aubs.
Post a Comment