Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Silly Little Boy

Cort is such a cute kid (ok, so I am a little partial),  and I thought I would share some of the
silly things he does these days.

Cort LOVES to close all the doors in our house.  He hasn't yet figured out how to open them, and that's just fine with me.  He's had a cold the past week and has started waking up at five in the morning and climbing into bed with mom for another couple of hours.  But before he comes to mom's room, he makes sure he closes his bedroom door.  It makes me laugh because most mornings he is half asleep and runs into the walls as he tries to find me, yet he never has a problem closing his door.

Cort also likes to tell me that he loves me.  If you ask him if he loves anyone else, like dad or grandma, he will loudly say  "NO, MOM".  I don't know if he just doesn't want to hurt my feelings by telling anyone else he loves them, or if I am just that spectacular, but it's nice to be loved.

He can't say his name yet, and so he calls himself "you".  I think its because when my parents show him pictures they always say, "and there's you" when they point to him. 

He loves to hide these days.  He can spend hours laying in his bed and calling the dog, and then pulling the covers over his head as soon as she comes.

He also LOVES bubble baths.  A few weeks ago he stuck some bubbles on his chin,  after seeing his reflection in the drain he pointed to himself and said "DADDY".  For those of you who don't know, Bret has a goatee. 

He is such a fun boy and I wouldn't trade him for anything.



2 comments:

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

Russell has a door fetish to!

old said...

Hahahaha! I love the goatee story!