The three of us got all dressed up- we are one good looking family- and piled into the car. As Bret started to back out of the garage it happened...Cort errupted! Bret quickly put the car in park and ran inside to grab some towels. I meanwhile grabbed some wipes from the diaper bag and cleaned Cort's face and hands, and as much as I could off of the front of him. I unbuckled him and told Bret to pull him out quick, only to find that Bret was out front getting some fresh air.....apparently Cort's display made Bret queasy, and he was no help at all. Once again I stripped Cort down, threw his nice dress clothes into the wash and settled down onto the couch to cuddle and watch Mickey Mouse. Bret did manage to pull the carseat out of the car before he ran to the wedding reception for a minute. Luckily Cort only threw up one more time before sleeping peacefully for the night and waking up feeling fine the next morning.
Saturday morning I remembered the car seat. I thought I'd just quickly pull of the cover and throw it into the wash. Ha... was I dreaming or what. There was no easy about it. Seriously who designs these things. I had to take apart the entire carseat just to get the cover off. The instruction manual was obviously for a different model and did me no good. Cort meanwhile thought it was funny that his carseat was in the house and kept trying to sit in it. And to make matters worse his "mess" was everywhere, it had soaked threw the pad, and had found it's way into every little crack and crevice possible. Needless to say it was NOT a fun job. However I finally got it apart, washed it and reassembled it. Perhaps I can get a job making carseats, because I am now a pro!
2 comments:
Car seats do seam way more complicated than they need to be. Especially when it comes to cleaning. Who designs all those little crevices and nooks and crannies into those anyway? Anyone with kids would know they are bound to collect food, poop, throw up etc. Way to do cleaning it all out though. I'm sure you just felt like tossing it and getting a new one.
we have that same carseat and I HATE taking it apart/putting it together. Other carseats (in my experience) aren't as hard as that one!! Hope he feels better!
Post a Comment