Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Latest and Greatest

It appears that blogging is not really a strength of mine.  I am optimistic however that I can indeed improve, whether or not that will actually happen is yet to be seen.

I blame my poor blogging skills on the three little people with whom I spend my days.  They certainly keep me busy.

Bret recently switched to the day shift.  This means he starts at 6 am and gets off at 4 pm.  I love that he's home at 4, it makes dinner and bedtime run so much smoother! However....I don't care for the fact that he gets up at 5:15 to get ready for work.  Why? Because my children who are early risers anyway, have decided if dad's awake they should be awake too.  I am dreaming of the day I can once again "sleep in" till 6:00!

Speaking of sleeping, Cash has been a terrible sleeper the past....well 3 years.  He goes through spurts of sleeping well, but they never last long.  He actually goes to bed really well.  His problem starts about midnight when he comes to our bed, Bret will take him back to his bed only to have him show up again an hour or two later.  I finally decided to try something new with him...a sticker chart.  Last night was the first night using it, and it worked great, he didn't come to our room once. He did however try to wake Cort up to play at 4:30.  Hoping tonight will go even better, he is surprisingly really excited about his chart.  He told me he always wished for a sticker chart!!

Other than getting interrupted sleep and rising well before the sun these days I spend the majority of my time following Kierstin around.  She has reached that oh fun stage where she is now fully mobile. Naturally she is drawn like a magnet to the stairs, the bathroom, our christmas tree, and the outlets and she is blissfully unaware of the dangers fully exploring these wonders pose. 

Cort is a great helper, most of the time! Of course he and Cash have times where they fight, but with Christmas around the corner our elf, "Mike Wazoski" has shown up to keep them in line.

Although we've been busy lately we've still managed to have fun and prepare for Christmas as a family. We cut down and decorated our Christmas tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and last night we decorated gingerbread houses. We love the holidays!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love that your elf is named "Mike Wazoski!" Thank you for the update...I miss you and your little people so much. :)