Sunday, April 6, 2014

Little Miss Kierstin

Guess it's about time I posted to announce the arrival of Kierstin Elizabeth Smith.

Kierstin was born Monday March 31 at 5:51 pm. She weighed in at 7 lbs 10 oz. and measured 19".

I went in for an induction at 2:00 pm.  When I got there they hooked me up to the monitors... when they came back to get me started they were surprised to see I was already having regular contractions. They started my IV about 3:15 to get them stronger.  My dr. came in and broke my water at 5:15....after that things went really fast. So fast that my dr. only had one glove on as she started to come.  I admit I had a serious moment of panic that she might fall onto the floor.  Luckily she didn't! 

We are thrilled to have her here.  Both the boys love and adore her, and shower her with lots of love and kisses on a daily basis.  They constantly tell her that they are happy she is out of moms tummy, and that they love her and want to keep her forever.

Cash is particularly fond of her and wants to hold her and kiss her all day. He loves singing to her, I think she must hear twinkle twinkle and the ABC's a hundred times a day!










3 comments:

Megan said...

Love all the pictures! :) She is such a sweetie, can't wait to meet her.

Jess said...

So cute but I think the one of her and Cash is my favorite!

SS said...

Adorable!!