I have started writing posts a couple of times over the past few weeks, but then I never finish them! So instead of several more detailed posts, you will get one big summary of our "July Happenings".
We started the month helping Jack celebrate his first birthday. Ashley made some adorable cakes. My boys had so much fun watching Jack open his presents, I think they were more excited about his new toys, then he was.
Ten days later it was my birthday! My boys definitely spoiled me. I got an adorable necklace and money for new clothes...that I had no problem spending. They also brought home dinner and treats. Of course it was my dad's birthday also, and I decided to let the boys tag along for our traditional daddy, daughter birthday lunch. My mom came too, to help keep my boys in line, but they were both very well behaved.
The next night, my mom again helped out by babysitting my two rascals and Bret took me to, The Roof. It was absolutely gorgeous, the food was good and my company was great!
| Sporting my new dress and necklace |
| Our view was amazing |
That Saturday, my boys and I left Bret home to work and traveled with my parents to Overton, Nevada for a family reunion. It was a long drive, but both my boys did great on the way down. It was sooo much fun to catch up with my cousins, and it didn't take long for my boys to warm up to them either.
| Duck duck goose |
| Cash LOVED Brooke |
After the reunion we headed to St. George for the night. The boys both got a nap in.... Cash unfortunately woke up the last half hour and was a beast! Once we got to the hotel though, they were both happier, and had a blast swimming with grandma and grandpa.
Sunday morning we headed back home. The drive home wasn't bad either....except for the last half hour, when we'd all had enough of the car.
We weren't home too long before we all (Bret included) headed to Camp Williams for the Perkins family reunion. My boys couldn't wait to play with the cousins again. We had a wonderful few days with my mom's family. We enjoyed visiting, playing, repelling, parks and of course the family talent show. Though we missed the family members who couldn't be there. I may be biased, but I honestly think that I have the world's greatest family. I truly love all of my aunts, uncles and cousins.
This isn't the greatest quality video, but the sound isn't bad. Ashley and Andy did a great job at the talent show... and it's the only talent I recorded before my phone died!
After the family reunions, we came home and enjoyed celebrating Spanish Fork Fiesta days. We watched the parade with Bret's family. We also took the boys to the carnival where they had a blast riding a few rides, and each came away with a glittery tatoo.
| Bret worked the entire 24, but we got to see him for a minute at the end of the parade |
| Watching the parade |
| Cort's pirate tatoo |
| Cash wanted a green mickey mouse |
All in all we had a great July and loved spending it with family.
1 comment:
What a happy month! We really do have such a great family. Also, your hair ALWAYS looks so cute. You have the best hair-do skills! Your little girls one day will be so lucky!
Post a Comment